A blog by ProJoe Leagues exploring the ins and outs of Sports in our lives

Monday, July 21, 2008

Hablo Espanol

I am currently laying in bed following my Knee surgery this morning. They fixed my torn ACL using a piece of tissue from my Ham String. And they repaired both my Lateral and Medial meniscus by stitching it together with dissolving sutures.

The procedure apparently made me bilingual, though!

Everyone knows people come out of anesthesia in many different ways... crying, fighting, laughing. Well I came out of surgery speaking Spanish. I don't know why. I only remember that I had trouble thinking of English words to answer the nurse's questions so I thought I'd use Spanish instead. The nurses didn't understand what I was saying so they went out to the waiting room to ask my wife, Sarah.

They said, "Does Chip have a Hispanic background?"
My wife replied, "No, why?"
She responded, "Well he's waking up and he's only speaking Spanish, No one on my staff can understand him."

Apparently the whole waiting room overhead and thought this was hilarious. The nurses have never see someone do that before. So apparently I learned a lot more Spanish then I thought in High School.

1 comment:

BMer916 said...

now that is hilarious, i love the part about not being able to think of English words!

ProJoe Leagues is an online fantasy sports league unlike anything you've ever seen before. It introduces a new level of play that you are going to love.

ProJoe Leagues was founded by Chris Johnson and Chip Allen. It is currently in development and will be released soon. Keep watching this blog to read updates and insights into what ProJoe Leagues is all about.

Blog Archive

Labels