A blog by ProJoe Leagues exploring the ins and outs of Sports in our lives

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tell-Tale Tear

Well I found out today that I tore my knee after all. It wasn't getting better so I went and saw an orthopedic doctor. He could tell in 5 seconds that I tore my ACL just by pulling on my shin. Apparently its not supposed to shift forward. So i won't be playing sports for the next 6 months.

But the good news is I'll have more time to devote to designing ProJoe. I'm learning Java right now so I can help Chris build the site. Help is really overstating it - Chris is a genius. So he'd really be letting me do something he could probably do in 1/100th of the time. He's a good friend like that.

The funniest thing in all this is finding out how many people have had ACL injuries. Its crazy. Friends and colleagues see me limping and ask what is wrong. When I tell them I tore my ACL they almost always start telling their surgery stories. How is it that the entire population can tear the same ligament. You think we'd be able to just replace it at birth if its that stinking unreliable!

No comments:

ProJoe Leagues is an online fantasy sports league unlike anything you've ever seen before. It introduces a new level of play that you are going to love.

ProJoe Leagues was founded by Chris Johnson and Chip Allen. It is currently in development and will be released soon. Keep watching this blog to read updates and insights into what ProJoe Leagues is all about.

Blog Archive

Labels