A blog by ProJoe Leagues exploring the ins and outs of Sports in our lives

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Taking One For The Team


Last night I torqued my knee in our game. I was beating a guy to a ball and I think I just stepped wrong. The knee popped and twisted inside. I fell to the ground cursing. Although, I think I kept the cursing to a minimum. Then I hobbled off the field and Thomas and Kristen drove me straight to the hospital. But we won the game. Way to go guys!


That hurt like nothing I've ever experienced before. The adrenaline was pumping so the pain didn't really kick in till I got to the hospital. They forced me to lay down on a bed immediately. I guess the nurse thought a young man shouldn't look white like a ghost. Shortly after that they wheeled me off to imaging where a woman I can only describe as a die hard masochist forced me to straighten it to get a proper x-ray. Let's just say that I made up for my earlier cursing restraint.

Assuming you are a radiologist, you can see from the x-ray above that there is no tear. I have no idea how! But the doctored assured me that it looks fine. Despite his assessment, the x-ray below is more like how it felt at the time.


I still have no idea what is wrong. Like most ER visits they took my money, gave me no more information than I already knew, and then let me go with some narcotics. So its probably just a really bad sprain or a minor tear of the ligament. I'm hoping for a sprain so I can be back on the field in a few weeks.

The worst thing is I lost the stats for the night. So email me if you can remember what you had. I had some really good picks this week. Kristen already had 4 points for me before I got injured.

No comments:

ProJoe Leagues is an online fantasy sports league unlike anything you've ever seen before. It introduces a new level of play that you are going to love.

ProJoe Leagues was founded by Chris Johnson and Chip Allen. It is currently in development and will be released soon. Keep watching this blog to read updates and insights into what ProJoe Leagues is all about.

Blog Archive

Labels